We're happy to remove the request limits on eligible applications but as this is our most asked question, we ask that you please review these requirements carefully.
Our API keys come with the default rate limit of 200/hour and 20,000/month. Removing these limits is completely free but your platform needs to be eligible and meet our requirements.
API users are bound to the same Terms and Conditions as Pexels users, which can be found in summary here. The added condition for API partners is that you may not copy our core functionality with the API. This includes:
- Wallpaper apps
- Using our API then promoting your site as a free stock platform
- Enabling the selling of unaltered copies of a photo or video, (e.g. as a poster, print or on a physical product without modifying it first).
Essentially, we look to ensure you're using our API to add a feature or build on an existing app or website that provides value beyond just our API. If you're looking to build an app or plug-in for a program (ie. WordPress, Figma, etc.) get in touch with us. We're happy to support (and even feature) community-built projects but we need to approve them first.
Pexels and our contributors must be credited within your platform. To verify this, we require either a mock-up, video or demo of how Pexels and the photographers are credited within your platform. You can review our guidelines here and there are screenshots attached to this FAQ as examples.
When you're ready, email email@example.com with ALL of the following:
- A short summary of what your platform is and how our library is being used
- Proof of attribution (either a video demo, screenshots or request a quick call with someone on our team)
- Your API key or the email address you registered with it